Recipe by HappyMommy1422
This is a recipe from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals. I know those TV chefs make things look easy but this really is easy. There's no way to mess it up!
Top Review by lovestocook #6
Very good and VERY rich. I used Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips. I also substituted the currents with roughly chopped dried cherries. I did not use any candied fruit. Be sure to follow the directions regarding melting the chocolate. I tried using a double boiler and it really didn't work. I should have known better that to question RR! It makes a lot, a little really does go a long way.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
- 9 ounces butterscotch chips (3/4 of a 12-ounce bag)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces walnut halves
- 1⁄2 cup currants (a couple of handfuls) (optional)
- candied red cherries, for garnish
- green glazed cherries, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 8-inch cake pan with softened butter.
- Place a heavy pot on the stove and preheat it over low heat.
- Add chips and milk and stir until chips are melted and milk combined.
- Save the empty condensed milk can.
- Stir in vanilla and remove fudge from heat.
- Add nuts and currants and stir in immediately.
- Cover empty condensed milk can with plastic food wrap and center it in the greased cake pan.
- Spoon fudge into pan around can, making sure to recenter can if it drifts.
- The fudge will set up almost immediately.
- Garnish can only be added in the first minute or 2 the fudge is in the pan, so work quickly.
- Decorate your wreath with"holly" made from cut candied red and green cherries.
- A wreath left plain can be garnished with a pretty fabric bow when serving.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator and slice fudge very thin when ready to serve, as a little goes a long way.