White Christmas Fudge
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 12 ounces white chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 3/4 cup dried cranberries or 3/4 cup dried apricot, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Line an 8 inch square pan with foil, grease foil.
- Mix sugar and milk in a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, add butter and stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Without stirring, boil for 5 minutes.
- Over low heat, add chocolate and almond extract. Stir, then whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in dried cherries and toasted almonds.
- Pour mixture into pan. Refrigerate 2 hours until firm.
- Invert pan, peel off foil and cut in 1 inch squares.
- Tip: To toast almonds, spread in single layer on cookie sheet. Bake in 350 oven for 5-10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally until they begin to brown.
- Very tasty and pretty.
Join The Conversation
WOW! As I saw Loof's photo I couldn't resist!<br/>This is fast, delicious, beautiful, impressive and versatile recipe.<br/>I used the cranberry option and used rum as aroma. I skipped the butter as I know that the chocolate I use would be to fat and soft after this addition.<br/>It hardened only after several hours in the fridge (depends on the chocolate quality!), buf after this time it was easy to cut.<br/>Thanks a lot for this top recipe and Merry Christmas to you and your family!