Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
We make these each Christmas. This recipe is based on the many versions of the best recipes I have found.
- 354.88 ml butter, at room temperature
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 236.59 ml egg substitute, like Egg Beaters
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml butter flavor extract
- 1182.95 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml salt
- Cream butter and sugars in bowl of electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in egg substitute and extracts.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt until evenly mixed and then add to butter/sugar mixture and blend well.
- Divide dough into 4 portions and chill at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough on floured board to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out shapes and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.