Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
We make these each Christmas. This recipe is based on the many versions of the best recipes I have found.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup egg substitute, like Egg Beaters
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Cream butter and sugars in bowl of electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in egg substitute and extracts.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt until evenly mixed and then add to butter/sugar mixture and blend well.
- Divide dough into 4 portions and chill at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough on floured board to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out shapes and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.