Recipe by pressurecooker
My grandma always made this at Christmas. Then my mom, and when I started baking, I also made this. It's easy and uses cranberry concentrate instead of the usual dried or fresh. It is now a family tradition with us and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Top Review by cindyebf
This is a great recipe! I followed the directions and then stirred in 1 cup of dried cranberries before pouring into tha pan. I will be making more of this to give away as gifts for the holidays. Thanks!
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate (or mix)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter or spray a 9x9 pan.
- In a 3-4 quart bowl put the white chips, orange extract, and marshmallow cream; set aside.
- In a medium size sauce pan put the milk, sugar and cranberry concentrate; stir. Bring this to a boil and cook to 235°F on candy thermometer (about 9 minutes).
- When mixture reaches 235°F, take off the heat and add butter. Stir and mix it well, and then pour over the white chips, extract, and marshmallow cream. Stir this well till all the chips are melted.
- Put into prepared pan.
- Let it cool and then refrigerate till nice and firm.
- Cut in squares.