photo by sheepdoc
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄3 cup frozen concentrated cranberry juice cocktail, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a heavy large-rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Combine oats, almonds, coconut, and pecans in a large bowl. Combine cranberry juice concentrate, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon and allspice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking until sugar dissolves. Pour hot syrup over oat mixture; stir to coat evenly. Spread mixture out on prepared pan. Bake until golden brown at edges, about 20 minutes. Add dried cranberries, using metal spatula, stir to blend. Bake until granola is golden and beginning to dry, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes longer. Cool completely on baking sheet. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is great stuff. So healthy. I used chopped almonds because I didn't have any slivered, coconut oil, and dried cherries. Cooked on parchment paper to avoid the Pam spray. I cooked it a total of 45 minutes because it seemed too wet, but it dried nice and crunchy so I probably didn't need to cook it that long. Made for CQ 14. Second time I added milled flaxseed and it soaked up a lot of the fluid and never got crisp. Threw that batch out. Next time I put 1/3 cup chocolate chips in the hot syrup and stirred until melted. Nice and chocolaty.