Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my sister's dip. She got the recipe while backpacking in Europe a few years ago. She is now forced to make it at every party she has. People smell it cooking and stand drooling by the oven until it comes out! (Many have not been able to wait for the cooling part and burned their mouths to get to it first). You might have to make 2 portions. **NOTE: Please CHECK the sodium content before you choose a ranch dressing mix, because it will affect the flavor! Some people have complained it is "too salty". Please also make sure you are using only a 1 ounce packet; there are other sizes from various manufacturers. Too much mix throws off the balance of flavors. My sister and I always use the Hidden Valley Ranch Original and we do not have any problems with it :) You can also substitute half the sour cream for prepared Ranch Dressing and skip the dry mix. It will come out a bit wetter.
- 28.34 g package ranch dressing mix
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, at room temp
- 226.79 g container sour cream
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese, split into 2 1/2 cup portions (I prefer to grate it myself)
- 226.79 g package frozen chopped spinach
- Defrost the spinach.
- Place it in a colander and press it until as much moisture as possible is removed.
- Mix all ingredients (1/2 of the cheddar), and blend well.
- Put it in a shallow baking dish (stoneware works best) in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from oven.
- While still hot top it with remaining cheese, heat in oven again for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool below lava stage and serve.
- Goes well with tortilla chips.
Just wanted to let you know that I made another batch of this and used pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar...WOW!!! Gives it a nice kick!! :) Wish I could give you another 5 *'s!!
Amazing...I made a few changes, used 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese (both mixed in instead of on top), 8 oz cream cheese, 16 oz sour cream, and two cans of artichoke hearts, and left everything else as is (except for cheddar cheese) . It came out delicious. My husband who is very particular absolutely loved it as did everyone else. I am definitely going to be using this over and over again. Thank you!
Made this using a little less than the full pkg. of ranch, added 1/2 c. mozz. cheese, and on top also, added 1 T. minced garlic from a jar, 1 T. dried onion, and mixed all at once, not adding last 5 min. Still great and VERY creamy! Dipped toasted pita bread. Loved it!