Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an adaptation on a recipe that was in a cookbook I received when I first married. It was one of our favorites and one the first ones I adapted after getting more comfortable in the kitchen as a young bride.
- 6 pork chops
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups water or 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper pork chops and brown in a small amount of oil.
- Remove chops and set aside.
- Saute onion until just translucent and add rice.
- Stir in water or broth and thyme.
- Place chops on top of rice and cover. Turn down to low and cook 30-40 minutes or until done.
- Serve with your favorite green vegetable.