Recipe by LAURIE
Cookies from 3 kinds of chocolate and pecans and a dollar store cookbook to boot!! These are good to say the least....
Top Review by Sharon123
My husband says this is his new favorite cookie! He can't eat chopped nuts, so I processed them until they were fine meal. They turned out nice and soft and chewy, just the way he likes them. Thank you Laurie!
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 325°.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In small bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In heavy saucepan melt chocolate and butter over low heat stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In large bowl beat at medium speed, eggs and sugar until light and lemony colored, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce to low speed and add cooled chocolate mixture, flour mixture and vanilla.
- Beat just until blended.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes.
- With wooden spoon, stir in pecans and chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart on cookie sheets.
- With back of spoon, spread batter into 2 inch rounds.
- Bake until tops are shiny and cracked, about 13 minutes.
- If doing 2 sheets at once, rotate between racks at about 6 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes on sheet then transfer to rack to cool totally.