Cookies from 3 kinds of chocolate and pecans and a dollar store cookbook to boot!! These are good to say the least....
- Preheat over to 325°.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In small bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In heavy saucepan melt chocolate and butter over low heat stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In large bowl beat at medium speed, eggs and sugar until light and lemony colored, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce to low speed and add cooled chocolate mixture, flour mixture and vanilla.
- Beat just until blended.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes.
- With wooden spoon, stir in pecans and chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart on cookie sheets.
- With back of spoon, spread batter into 2 inch rounds.
- Bake until tops are shiny and cracked, about 13 minutes.
- If doing 2 sheets at once, rotate between racks at about 6 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes on sheet then transfer to rack to cool totally.
My husband says this is his new favorite cookie! He can't eat chopped nuts, so I processed them until they were fine meal. They turned out nice and soft and chewy, just the way he likes them. Thank you Laurie!