Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
These are absolutely the BEST cookies I have EVER tasted! Make a double batch and keep your waffle iron hot, as these disappear quickly!
Top Review by Mandanagans
I have to agree with AprilShowers, the finished cookie does taste more like a waffle, so to help out in flavor, I added a little pumpkin pie spice (that was an off-the-wall idea because I was out of cinnamon) and I added chocolate chips. The spice added a nice subtle flavor and the melted chocolate added extra sweetness which made it a little more like a dessert. I enjoyed making these and I really liked the chance to be creative. Thank you!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (or margarine)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla til light.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Add flour.
- Mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart on a preheated waffle iron.
- Bake for 1 minute.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar.