Recipe by s'kat
Ultra-decadent and ultra-easy! Break this one out on special occasions or when you want to wow a crowd! Prep time includes refrigeration time! recipe courtesy allrecipes.com
Top Review by Lorac
I know some people who would pay $$$ for this recipe! My husband took some to work today and let some one taste it - the next thing he knew his office was full of drooling co-workers. I made half the recipe using using broken up Oreo cookies instead of brownies. I made the pudding with milk and used Cool Whip instead of whipped cream. I only chilled it for 2 hours. My husband and son rated it as a 10 !!!!
- 2 packages brownie mix (or use homemade)
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (8 ounce) containersfrozen whipped cream, , thawed
- 2 (12 ounce) containersfrozen whipped cream, , thawed
- 1 chocolate candy bar (I use Lindt or Cadburry's: orange and raspberry flavoured work very well)
- strawberries (optional) or cherries (optional) or raspberries (optional)
- nuts (optional) or Heath candy bar, crunched up (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare brownie according to package directions (or use homemade), and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix until smooth, then fold in the 2 containers of 8-ounce whipped topping until no streaks remain.
- In a trifle bowl, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping (I have a big trifle bowl- you may need to cut recipe in half!).
- If using any optional ingredients, place on top of brownie layer.
- Repeat layers.
- Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish.
- Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
- Note: You can use non-fat ingredients and never know the difference.