Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Adapted from fatfreevegan.com, this is a simple recipe to satisfy chocolate cravings. I like to stir some sliced banana in, or try replacing the vanilla essence with mint, coconut, almond or orange essence.
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Equal sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup non-fat soymilk or 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 dash vanilla essence
- In a large mug, dissolve cornflour, sugar and cocoa in the milk.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds or until mixture boils.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
I wasn't sure what "cornflour" was, I used cornstarch and it came out great! Make sure you mix really really well and make sure you microwave it in a big mug. My mug was half full and I thought it was okay and it boiled over in the microwave (oh well it needed to be cleaned anyway) But I thought it had a great chocolate flavor and it tasted great! Thanks!
fast and delicious - used soymilk, so vegan, too! Thanks for a quick and decadent tasting treat idea that's really not even that decadent - it can even be light with light soymilk and artificial sweetener. Big YUM, thank you for sharing!
Love this yummy treat. Just right when you want a little something chocolate-y. I have made it several times now, and I actually like it better when I reduce the cocoa to one heaping tablespoon- seems a little bitter with 2. And I love to eat it piping hot!