Chocolate Meringue Kisses
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Chocolate "kiss" cookies that literally melt in your mouth. These are my favorite (low fat) way to satisfy huge chocolate cravings.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square (melted and cooled)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cocoa powder (for dusting cookie sheets)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease three cookies sheets and dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt the chocolate square and set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg whites with salt until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar slowly and beat until mixture very stiff and shiny.
- Fold in vanilla, melted chocolate, and the 1 tbsp cocoa powder.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfulls (2 inches apart) onto prepared cookie sheets.
- They will have the shape of chocolate kisses.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheets immediately.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am very unhappy to say that these didnt turn out. THey sounded so delicious. I want to try these again. I followed everything to a T, but after all my mixing (for step 5) (10 minutes) it never got real stiff. Then I thought I would atleast try to cook them, but they didnt even look anything like chocolate kisses, and then when they came out form cooking, they wouldnt even come off of my cookies sheets. I will try this again, and let you know if the outcome was different. Sorry :(Reply