Low Fat Low Calorie Dutch Chocolate Cake
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup nonfat milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix with an electric mixer set on LOW.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for another 3 minutes, (until it lightens).
- Spray a muffin tray with fat free butter flavor PAM.
- Pour the batter into the cups and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm sorry Haleh, we didn't like these very much. Very spongy texture and sort of a funny taste. I got 24 regular cupcakes and 12 mini ones out of thise. I cooked it for the prescribed 20 minutes and they were starting to burn. So I'd check them earlier. We ate a few, so they are edible, but not something we really liked. But I love the chance to try stuff like this, so thanks for posting! Sorry it did not work out for us.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello All! I hope you enjoy my recipes...please give suggestions. I love learning! My husband and I are in the process of opening our first gym. We are both fitness fanatics. Unfortunately, my husband is reaching his goals when his weight goes up. My goals are being reached when my weight STAYS DOWN! For the two of us to be eating the same thing is a rare event! If you have any questions, concerns, or would like modifications to your favorite recipes...email me. I'd love to help.