Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Adapted from fatfreevegan.com, this is a simple recipe to satisfy chocolate cravings. I like to stir some sliced banana in, or try replacing the vanilla essence with mint, coconut, almond or orange essence.
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Equal sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup non-fat soymilk or 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 dash vanilla essence
- In a large mug, dissolve cornflour, sugar and cocoa in the milk.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds or until mixture boils.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
Love this yummy treat. Just right when you want a little something chocolate-y. I have made it several times now, and I actually like it better when I reduce the cocoa to one heaping tablespoon- seems a little bitter with 2. And I love to eat it piping hot!
This is so quick, easy and delicious it is even good enough to serve to unexpected guests. I double or triple it and cook it in a pyrex measuring cup. It takes longer but is still quick.
Amazingly, this is a real chocolate pudding, not a fake shortcut version. It is important not to overdo the amount of cornstarch; if in doubt, put slightly less rather than more. You will know that the milk boiled if the top of the mixture is glossy; if it is not glossy, you should microwave it till it is and hope it does not overflow. Many thanks to the poster for making some of my evenings.