Recipe by BeachGirl
Mother's pecan pie for chocolate lovers! We always had this during the holidays and other special occasions when pecans were in season in the South. Very rich, so cut small pieces! This freezes well and makes nice holiday gifts!
- 1 1⁄4 cups corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk (skim or regular)
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In saucepan, heat corn syrup, sugar, chocolate, and milk, stirring constantly until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Slowly stir warm chocolate mixture into the beaten eggs.
- Scatter pecans in unbaked pie shell.
- Pour chocolate mixture over pecans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until set.
- Cool several hours before cutting into wedges.
- Top with a dollop of ice cream, whipped cream, or whipped non-dairy topping.