Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from Pampered Chef Season's Best. Don't forget to serve with icecream! NOTE: This recipe may sound a little complicated, but it's easy! I promise! I'll provide pictures asap - pictures really help!
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts, soften as directed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20-40 seconds until melted and smooth. Stir after each 20 second interval.
- Add chopped pecans, brown sugar, egg, corn syrup, and vanilla to the melted chocolate. Set aside.
- Unroll one pie crust onto a lightly floured baking stone and roll to a 13 inch circle.
- Unroll second pie crust. Gently fold in half and cut into 12 strips (approximately 3/4 inch wide).
- Spoon chocolate/pecan mixture onto the center of the circular dough and spread in an even 10 inch circle, leaving about 2-3 inches of dough on the outside.
- Carefully twist six of the pie crust strips and place over filling in horizontal rows. Twist remaining strips and place vertically, creating a lattice effect.
- Firmly press the ends of the strips onto the edge of the crust.
- Fold edge of crust over the ends of the strips, pinching the edges to seal.
- Bake 28-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve!
Had this at a Pampered Chef party not too long ago, and it was the most popular dish on the menu! So glad to find the recipe on here - YUM!! Making it this weekend, I will post pics!