This tart was originally served at Zarela in NYC, NY. I swapped out the crust for a chocolate one and added the chocolate swirled on top. Enjoy! Note: Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 2 prepared Oreo cookie pie crusts
- 103.53 ml butter, melted
Peanut Butter Filling
- 78.07 ml dark brown sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 44.37 ml whipping cream (chilled)
- 59.14 ml whipping cream (chilled)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 85.04 g cream cheese, room temp
- 59.14 ml creamy peanut butter, room temp
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 88.74 ml butter
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.16 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml light corn syrup
- 236.59 ml chopped dry roasted salted peanut
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
- For Crust:.
- Dump prepared pie crusts into a gallon size Ziploc bag and crush until it is all crumbs.
- Add melted butter and mix thoroughly until all crumbs are moistened.
- Press into bottom and up sides of a 9" fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake crust in 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- For Filling:.
- Stir 1/3 cup brown sugar, 3 Tbs cream, and butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Cool completely.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in brown sugar mixture.
- Using electric mixer, beat remaining 2 Tbsp brown sugar and 1/4 cream in another medium bowl until peaks form. Fold into peanut butter mixture.
- Transfer to crust and smooth top with spatula.
- Chill until set, about 3 hours.
- For Caramel-Peanut Glaze:.
- Stir brown sugar, butter, 1/4 cup water, 2 Tbs cream, and corn syrup in heavy medium sauce pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until candy thermometer registers 238°F (about 7 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining 2 Tbsp cream and 3/4 cup of peanuts.
- Cool just to lukewarm (about 15 minutes), then pour glaze atop filling, smoothing with a spatula.
- Melt chocolate chips and pour into a Ziploc bag. Cut a small piece off one corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate onto the tart in a spiral pattern, starting in the center. You should still have some chocolate left over.
- Using a knife, trace a line from the center of the tart to the edge 8 times, spacing evenly. In between those line, trace lines from the edge of the tart to the center. You should have 16 lines total, resulting in a web pattern (see picture).
- Using remaining melted chocolate, trace the lines of the "web" near the center of the tart to create a flower-like pattern. Pipe some chocolate in the center as well for the middle of the flower (see picture).
- Fill "petals" of the flower with chopped peanuts (you will probably not use all of the rest).
- Chill tart until set (about 30 minutes). Cut into wedges and serve.
- Note: Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
I baked this tart for my breads and desserts final at college. Ten judges tasted it and said that you cant go wrong with peanut butter. Since I had to slice it, it ruined the flower, so I repiped it.