Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, Chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, Whipped
- 14 peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons regular margarine
- Prepare the Peanut Butter Cookie Crust and set aside.
- Combine the chocolate chips, 1 tb of light corn syrup and 1 tb of water in the top of a double boiler.
- Cook over simmering water until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and cool well.
- Meanwhile combine the peanut butter, 1/3 cup of sugar, 3 tb of corn syrup, and 3 tb of water in a 2-qt saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is well blended.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the peanuts; cool.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy, using an electric mixer at high speed.
- Gradually add 2 tb of sugar, 1 tb at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla and continue beating until stiff, glossy peaks form when the beaters are slowly lifted.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the whipped cream.
- Then fold in the peanut butter mixture.
- Pour half of the peanut butter mixture into the peanut butter cookie crust.
- Drizzle half of the chocolate mixture over the filling.
- Top with the remaining filling.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate in parallel lines over the filling.
- Pull a knife across the lines at 1 inch intervals.
- Freeze until firm.
- Wrap securely in aluminum foil.
- Return to the freezer and continue freezing 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE CRUST:
- Crush the cookies and melt the butter or margarine.
- Combine them and mix well.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Chill in the refrigerator until set.