Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From 300 Best Chocolate Recipes. If you love Reese's chocolate, you will love these!! :) Frosted with Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using electric mixer, beat together granulated and brown sugars and butter until well combined.
- Add peanut butter, beating until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when light touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- Top cooled cupcakes with frosting.
These are OMG delicious! I actually got 16 very nice sized cupcakes out of the recipe. I frosted them with recipe #89207, done with the medium chocolate version. I used smooth peanut butter as that is what I had on hand. Have a glass of cold milk ready when you eat these.
Mmmmm these were AWESOME! more like a soft brownie than a cupcake. Definitely will make these again....thanks!
These were absolutely delicious and disappeared in record time. My kids, who don't eat peanut butter, munched away quite happily without complaint. I added 100g of dark chocolate which I chopped into chunks as well for a truly decadent experience.