Peanut Butter Cupcakes
These cupcakes are almost instantly frosted. Kids love to make these as well as eating them!
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) semisweet chocolate or (4 ounce) milk chocolate, cut into 18 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line eighteen 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper baking liners.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat peanut butter and shortening until combined.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Divide batter evenly among cups.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
- Place 1 piece of chocolate on top of each cupcake; return to oven until chocolate melts, about 1 minute.
- With small metal spatula, spread chocolate over tops of cupcakes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Followed the recipe except I added 3/4 pkg Reeses Peanut Butter Chips,topped them with Top Secret P-nut butter frosting and took them to work . Everyone said the same thing "Great frosting but the cake didn't taste very much like p-nut butter" Gave it 2 stars because the cake wasn't bad, just didn't taste like p-nut butterReply
I made this recipe and poored it into a 9x13 cake pan and baked it for about 25 minutes. I then frosted it with Harley Seashell Princess's top secret peanut butter frosting and it was the most delicious and moist peanut butter cake. My whole family loved it, and my boyfriend who hates to compliment my cooking because he thinks he is the better cook said "I hate to say it but this is the best peanut butter cake I have ever had" so that is a huge compliment coming from him. Excellent cake..anyone who loves peanut butter should try this cake!!Reply
Very easy to make and they bake beautifully. I made 8 for dh who isn't a great chocolate fan so I iced them with peanut butter frosting (which I was a bit short on). They will be a surprise for him when he gets home but I know from my finger tip taste tests that he's going to love them. I needed to bake my 8 about 10 mins longer than recipe asks for but aside from that it all went like clock work. I have a feeling it will be suggested that I make these again.Reply
see 1 more