I drink this tasty yumminess at work in the winter whenever I need a mental and physical pick-me-up. The only difference is that I (have to) use hot water and coffee creamer instead of the milk (for convenience's sake) and I use sugar-free cocoa mix.
- 6 mint-flavored herbal tea bags
- 6 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons hot chocolate powder
- In a saucepan, heat the milk with tea bags until not quite boiling.
- Remove from heat, cover, and steep for about three minutes.
- Strain out the tea bags.
- Pour out into 6 mugs and then stir in one tablespoon of chocolate powder into each mug.
I made this with skim milk, Celestial Seasonings mint herbal tea, and chocolate ovaltine. It turned out really good -- although I did add extra chocolate to it to get it the way I like it. Thanks for sharing this - I like this better than mind hot cocoa with peppermint extract, because it's easy to put too much extract in.
This chocolate mint tea needed some adjustments and as a whole it was good but not spectacular. It would have been better as a hot chocolate drink omitting the tea, but adding some mint extract. Now maybe the hot chocolate powder I used was too strong and just overpowered the tea.