1/2 Photos of Chocolate Ice Box Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
This recipe came in my King Arthur catalog and is a little differant than the others I was able to find. Not to difficult to make and a dark, rich, creamy chocolate. No way it'll be on any diet, but for those special occassions could be just right. Cooking time includes crust and cooling time for pie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 9" pie pan.
- 3Combine and mix all ingrediants and press mixture into the bottom and up sides of pan.
- 4Freeze crust for 15 minutes, then bake for 8-10 minutes, until slightly browned around edges. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- 6Combine hot water, cocoa and vanilla in small measuring cup and set aside.
- 7Microwave chocolate chunks on high for 1 minute, stir until completely melted, let cool for several minutes.
- 8Whip cream sugar and salt with a hand or stand mixer until soft peaks form.
- 9Stir the cocoa mixture into melted chocolate. Using a whisk, fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream until no white streaks remain.
- 10Spread the filling evenly into the cooled crust, then spread or dollop whipped cream on top.
- 11Refrigerate pie for at least an hour before serving, or until filling is firm.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Ice Box Pie
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.8
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.0 mg
- Sodium 180.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g