Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe came in my King Arthur catalog and is a little differant than the others I was able to find. Not to difficult to make and a dark, rich, creamy chocolate. No way it'll be on any diet, but for those special occassions could be just right. Cooking time includes crust and cooling time for pie
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces bittersweet semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 9" pie pan.
- Combine and mix all ingrediants and press mixture into the bottom and up sides of pan.
- Freeze crust for 15 minutes, then bake for 8-10 minutes, until slightly browned around edges. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Combine hot water, cocoa and vanilla in small measuring cup and set aside.
- Microwave chocolate chunks on high for 1 minute, stir until completely melted, let cool for several minutes.
- Whip cream sugar and salt with a hand or stand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Stir the cocoa mixture into melted chocolate. Using a whisk, fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream until no white streaks remain.
- Spread the filling evenly into the cooled crust, then spread or dollop whipped cream on top.
- Refrigerate pie for at least an hour before serving, or until filling is firm.