Recipe by Aussie-In-California
My b/f loooooooves Bakers Square French Silk pie. However, the chain has closed all of its stores in Southern California. A few Valentines days ago I tried the recipe that calls for Knox Gelatin and buttermilk - that was a disaster. This recipe which I found on bigoven.com is the closest to perfection as I have been able to find. Making sure everything is well mixed is the secret to a nice high fuffy pie.
Top Review by Gramara
This is a must for every holiday meal. Don't let the store bought pie make you think you've tried this. We use regular sugar which is probably harder to incorporate. I once had someone steal this whole pie from a pot luck at work.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- 1 mrs smiths frozen pie crust, prepared as directed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake a pie crust or use a Mrs. Smiths frozen crust and make according to package directions.
- Beat sugar and butter until sugar is not grainy (this can take up to 15-20 mins on med-high speed using an electric mixer).
- Add chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs, two at a time, beating 5 minutes after each addition.
- Pour into cooled pie crust. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream and a little grated chocolate.