Recipe by keen5
This Chocolate Eclair Cake is so simple. Once you make it, your family will ask for it again and again! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. This travels well, and is a big hit at parties and picnics. Cook and prep times are approximate, depending on altitude, oven, etc.
Top Review by Catnip46
I've been making this recipe now for the last ten years. I love it. Crust is made from scratch and taste like a real cream puff, none of this instant graham cracker crust. So glad you posted it.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate pudding (you can change flavor by using different puddings)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- whipped cream or Cool Whip, will work to save calories
- chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter, water and flour in pot on medium heat till it comes to a boil then remove from heat.
- The mixture should form a ball when stirred.
- Add the 4 eggs one at a time, stirring by hand.
- Spread mixture on sprayed or greased 8 x 12 pan and bake at 400 for 20- 25 min.
- (should be golden brown) Let cool.
- Mix the pudding mix with the milk and cream cheese with electric mixer till well blended and spread over cooled crust.
- Cover with whipped cream or cool whip type topping.
- Top with shaved chocolate, semi sweet works well.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.