1/1 Photo of Chocolate Dream Cookies (No Bake)
My dad brought this recipe home from the Navy nearly 50 years ago. I have been making them since I could stand on a chair by the stove and stir. The peanut butter in this recipe makes these cookies a little different than similar recipes I've seen here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using cookie sheet, prepare pan by coating lightly with butter or margarine.
- 2In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, cocoa, butter and sugar.
- 3Stirring constantly, bring to a full boil, then boil for 1 minute.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Stir in vanilla and peanut butter until peanut butter is completely melted.
- 6Stir in quick oats.
- 7Quickly* drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper, or spread in a buttered cookie sheet.
- 8Allow to cool completely.
- 9If using cookie sheet, cut into squares to serve.
- 10*If you don't move quickly, cookies will set up in the pan.
- 11If cookies do not set, you didn't boil long enough.
- 12If cookies are dry, you boiled too long.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dream Cookies (No Bake)
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 54.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g