This is a buttery-rich moist cake! A delicious streusel topping takes the place of frosting for this cake, the streusel is so good that I have used it on many other cakes. This cake has been a family favorite for years, hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip (can use regular chocolate chips)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped nuts
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture along with the sour cream to the creamed mixture; mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish, and smooth out batter.
- To make topping: mix together brown sugar, flour, cocoa and butter until crumbly.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture evenly over cake batter in the pan.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes (do not overbake).
So yummy! Definitely great presentation. You always post the best recipes Kittencal! Thank you for sharing!
very good. I want sweeter, maybe double the brown sugar part & put a layer in the middle (more of a dessert than a breakfast for me). Because a previous reviewer complained I used slightly less baking soda than requested with no problems.
What can I say? You have another win win recipe. This was nice 'n moist with lots of flavor.