Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chocolate, coconut and walnuts -- how can you go wrong? The girls at the office devour these things.
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large, heavy, sauce pan over very low heat melt chocolate and butter, add condensed milk and remove from heat In a small sauce pan mix water, sugar and corn syrup, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue cooking without stirring until mixture reaches 250 degrees (firm ball stage).
- Remove from heat, stir into chocolate mixture, ad vanilla, coconut and walnuts.
- Blend with a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes (or until firm enough to handle) Shape into 1?
- balls, roll in powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.