- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons sunflower oil or 6 tablespoons melted cooled butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with 12 muffin paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and chocolate chips.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl, then beat in the milk and oil.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined; do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.