Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A healthy muffin that entices even the pickiest eaters! You can easily substitute blueberries or cranberries for the chocolate chips or omit them altogether.
- 1 1⁄3 cups natural bran
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine natural bran and milk in a separate bowl and let stand 3-5 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, oil and vanilla to bran and milk mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold until moist. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon into greased or papered muffin tins, and bake @ 400F for 20-25 minutes.