Vegan Chocolate Bran Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup water, warm
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put the bran and warm water in a bowl together, let sit 2-3 minutes.
- Simmer the flaxseed in the 3 tablespoons water until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Note: These muffins have great flavor but they have come out pretty moist for me in the past, any suggestions are helpful.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!