Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These aren't your average chocolate chip cookie! I made these last night and they were gone before I woke up this morning. We ate them right out of the oven and they taste very similar to s'mores. The cookie dough is very yummy too, even when they are made using the lower fat ingredients. You can also leave out the instant coffee granules if you would like, or you can experiment with different instant pudding mix flavors. This is definitely our new favorite cookie recipe, and I hope you enjoy it too!
- 1 cup margarine (can use reduced fat margarine or substitute 1/2 cup applesauce or 1/2 cup fruit based butter replace)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar (can substitute with Splenda)
- 2 eggs (can use egg substitute)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, in
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 packet instant chocolate pudding mix (can use sugar free)
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- Mix margarine, white and brown sugar together.
- Add eggs and beat up.
- Mix in the vanilla, almond extract, and soda in hot water.
- Add pudding mix, oats, flour, coffee granules and mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
the cookie itself is good, but because of the marshmallows melting during baking they spread and stick(I used parchment for the second sheet).