Cook1 hr 10 mins
An easy, yummy, chocolaty recipe that feeds a large group or hog it all yourself! Notice it is called a "Cheese Cake" not a "cheesecake" in the traditional way.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (I like the deeper chocolates with this recipe)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 eggs (2 for cake mix, 3 for cheese mixture)
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Mix cake mix with the amounts of oil and water as package directs and use 2 eggs.
- Pour into ungreased 13x9x2-inch pan. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, 3 eggs, vanilla and sugar. Pour over cake mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Chill completely before serving.
- I haven't tried this with a "pudding in the mix" cake mix so don't know if it would turn out.