World's Best Cheese Cake (Cheesecake)
My dad makes the best cheese cake in the world! This is his recipe and it uses cream cheese, whipping cream and sour cream!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Dry mix graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon and mix in melted butter, until uniform and all crumbs are wetted out.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and up the sides an inch or so. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft and workable.
- Add eggs, 1/2 C sugar and vanilla and mix with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add whipping cream slowly with mixing to avoid lumping.
- Pour batter into prepared crust, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and 1/4 C sugar and spread this evenly over the baked cheese cake.
- Bake for 15 more minutes.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with fruit pie filling if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This cheesecake is awesome! Perfect creamy texture and great flavor. I make a crust similar to Cheesecake Factory and use part graham crackers, part Nilla wafers, and part chopped walnuts and pecans with just a couple TBSP of melted butter. I mix a couple TBSP of sour cream in with the cream cheese and only put a little bit of the sour cream/sugar mixture on top (not the whole cup). Sometimes, I add a splash of Limoncello to the batter as well. My favorite cheesecake recipe!