Top Review by Janni402
These were quick & delicious bars! Followed recipe as stated, except omitted the nuts. Microwaved the chocolate chips with some water for the drizzle topping. These were a hit with DH, every time I checked the plate one more was missing! Thanks for posting this recipe, Jolyn.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spread in greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
- Melt shortening with remaining chocolate chips.
- Drizzle over the top and cut into bars.