Recipe by Boca Pat
This is so easy to prepare and topped with some vanilla ice cream it is totally awesome. Courtesy of Womans World
Top Review by Dr. Jen
Thank you for posting this recipe! My husband and I were new to the bread pudding world, but had tried a chocolate chip bread pudding at a local restaurant and fell in love with it. But after I made this recipe, he decided that my bread pudding was even better than the restaurant version! I followed the directions, but used fat free half-and-half to cut down on fat and calories, then doused it in caramel sauce before serving. Delicious!
- 16 ounces cinnamon-raisin bread
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Coat 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Diagonally cut bread slices in half to make triangles.
- Arrange 1/3 of bread in bottom of pan slightly overlapping; sprinkle with 1/4 cup chocolate chips; repeat with remaining bread and chips, ending with chips.
- Whisk half and half with eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Evenly pour mixture over bread; cover with foil; let stand 10 minutes.
- Bake 30 minutes; remove foil; bake 25 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve topped with ice cream, if desired.