Celestial Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- one 16-ounce loaf fresh-baked bread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 cups whole organic milk
- 2 cups the biggest and finest semisweet chocolate chunks
- This recipe is best with the addition of 1 childhood memory and a load of love (enough to change the world).
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a big bowl, tear apart the bread (as you do this, think happy childhood memory thoughts and good intentions).
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and eggs until fully incorporated. Mix in the vanilla and salt with a load of love. Blend well. Slowly add the milk and mix until fully incorporated.
- Place the torn bread in a baking pan. Pour the egg/milk mixture over the bread to evenly coat each piece of bread. Wash your hands well. Add the chocolate chunks and gently fold the milk mixture into the bread with your hands. Send the bread your favorite childhood memory and think of how you are going to have that excitement today. Cover with foil, place in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Check the consistency, it should be slightly mushy and semi-solid.Continue to bake if needed. Refrigerate overnight. (It's okay to enjoy warm, no judgment over here.) Eat with good health.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!