Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are easy and delicious. We prefer these rolled in ground almonds, although they are also great in coconut.
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 78.07 ml evaporated milk
- 354.88 ml sifted powdered sugar
- 78.07 ml chopped nuts
- 78.07 ml chopped maraschino cherry, , well drained
- 295.73 ml coconut or 295.73 ml chopped nuts
- Melt chocolate and milk over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar, nuts and cherries, mix well.
- Chill until cool enough to handle.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in nuts or coconut.
- Chill at least 4 hours.
- Keep chilled.
Yummy and delicious! I'd like to add that I chilled the mixture for one hour before beginning to roll into balls. After rolling, I chilled it for 5 hours and then served!
I had my doubts since these were messy to roll after 2 hours in the fridge and I ate one of these as soon as I had rolled it in the chopped almonds. At that stage it was very rich (too rich) and gooey. I tried another one the next morning after chilling them and it was much better, more like a truffle. I think these taste best straight from the fridge.
Very flavorful & pretty....make sure you drain the cherries WELL. I didn't & as a result, they never set. Even though, they were still DELICIOUS! Great recipe!