Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Canadian friend gave me this recipe a few years ago...if you like chocolate and cheesecakes, this ones for you.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 Tbsp sugar until light and fluffy.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour,1/2 cup sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients.
- Combine egg, milk and oil.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients stirring just until moistened.
- (batter should be lumpy) Spoon about 2 Tbsp of batter into each greased muffin tray.
- Drop 1 tsp of cream cheese mixture on top and then more of the chocolate batter.
- Bake 375F degrees for 20 minutes.
Chocolate and cream cheese- in other words, heaven in a muffin! These smelled incredible while baking, and were very good straight out of the oven. They were even better after spending a bit of time in the fridge. I added a little white icing on top and took 'em into work- gone in minutes. Thanks for a great recipe! (hint- don't overmix! I overzealously used my KitchenAide, and these came out a little dry. Hand mix just until moistened!!)
WoooHooo, Eve!! What a great recipe, thanks for sharing! I made them as mini muffins and it yielded about 36. I found the cream cheese mixture easy to work with by squeezing out of a sandwich baggie with a corner snipped off. Baking time as mini's was about 15 minutes. Delightful and I'm looking forward to sharing them at a meeting this afternoon. Thanks again.
These were scrumptious, I did however do a little bit of tinkering with the cheesecake filling. I used icing sugar instead of normal sugar, and a squirt of orange juice and some grated orange rind. It's a keeper.