Recipe by bluemoon downunder
This recipe for an oh-so-decadently-delicious Irish-Greek-chocolate-and-cream drink was part of an article on ouzo in the October 2005 issue of cooking magazine 'Australian Good Taste'. The article was called 'Greece Lightning' and begins: "A potent Greek spirit that has the ability to turn cloudy, ouzo can have the same effect on you - so take care not to overindulge in our delicious drinks, dessert or dressing." A cocktail? Well the ingredients suggest that but the photograph showed Chocolate Bullets served in two tall smoothie-style glasses. This is clearly not a drink for the faint-hearted! I've listed this as serving 2, but I think it could also be served in 4 cocktail glasses. The original recipe specified "chocolate topping" as the fourth ingredient; ever with a mind of its own, Zaar converted this to "chocolate fudge topping", which would I imagine be sweeter. BTW, if you're using metric measurements, 1 cup = 250 ml. From the same magazine, I have also posted Ouzo-Poached Cherries With Waffles and Watermelon & Feta Salad With Ouzo Dressing.
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream, original Irish cream liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup ouzo
- 1 tablespoon chocolate fudge topping
- 2 cups ice cubes
- whipped cream, to serve
- grated dark chocolate, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cream, Baileys, ouzo, chocolate topping and ice cubes in the jug of a blender and blend until well-combined and the ice is crushed.
- Pour the Baileys-ouzo mixture into serving glasses, top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle of chocolate, and serve immediately.