Recipe by nvermd
When you want just a hint of chocolate with your berries. From BHG magazine
Top Review by flower7
This was very good! It's hard for me to say anything bad about a cobbler recipe (love the stuff!) and I won't start now :) This was very easy and fast to put together. I had lots of various berries to use up and some of them were already sweetened so I cut the sugar in the batter down by 2 Tbsp. The chocolate flavor is definitely "just a hint" but that's OK! Thanks for the recipe!
- 3 cups berries, fresh or frozen (strawberries, raspberries or blueberries)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw berries if frozen, but do not drain.
- Combine berries, 1/4 cup of the sugar and 2 tablespoons water; let stand 5 minutes.
- In a 9 X 9 X 2 inch baking pan, melt butter in a 350 degree oven.
- Stir together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and baking powder.
- Stir in milk.
- Remove baking pan from oven and pour in batter.
- Drizzle top of batter with chocolate syrup.
- Spoon undrained berries on top.
- Don't mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly.
- If desired, top each serving with vanilla ice cream.