Recipe by Sue Lau
Cream cheese gives these the perfect flavor. An excellent complement to roasts and meat loaf.
Top Review by HoserLauren
Cream cheese in mashed potatoes really give them the extra kick needed. I only added about 1/3 a cup of milk, otherwise the potatoes would have been too creamy for my tastes. And of course, chives are the perfect companion to potatoes! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled,and cut into 1 inch cubes (I like Yukon Gold)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2⁄3 cup milk (amount approximate)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes for 10-12 minutes or until fork-tender; drain.
- Return potatoes to pan.
- Mash potatoes, adding cream cheese until it is blended.
- Stir in milk (add enough to get to the consistency you like), chives, and seasonings.
- Heat on medium heat until just warmed through, then serve at once.