Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cream cheese gives these the perfect flavor. An excellent complement to roasts and meat loaf.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled,and cut into 1 inch cubes (I like Yukon Gold)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2⁄3 cup milk (amount approximate)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes for 10-12 minutes or until fork-tender; drain.
- Return potatoes to pan.
- Mash potatoes, adding cream cheese until it is blended.
- Stir in milk (add enough to get to the consistency you like), chives, and seasonings.
- Heat on medium heat until just warmed through, then serve at once.
Cream cheese in mashed potatoes really give them the extra kick needed. I only added about 1/3 a cup of milk, otherwise the potatoes would have been too creamy for my tastes. And of course, chives are the perfect companion to potatoes! Thanks for sharing!