1/2 Photos of Chive and Cheddar Biscuits
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I used less about 1 tsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick butter)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or 3/4 cup sour milk
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or 2 tablespoons sour milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl combine dry ingredients together (flour - baking soda).
- 3Cut in butter using two knives or a pastry cutter until mixture is about the size of peas.
- 4Stir in buttermilk, cheese and chives, stirring with a fork to form a loose dough.
- 5Turn dough out onto a floured board, kneading dough a few times (about 10) and then pat into a 6-inch x 9-inch rectangle; fold into thirds like a letter and then pat into a 6 x 9 inch rectangle again.
- 6Dip edges of 3-inch biscuit cutter into flour (I used a coffee mug) and cut out 6 biscuits; transferring biscuits to a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with Pam or lined with parchment paper. Form and cut dough for another biscuit or two (I ended up whit 7 biscuits).
- 7Brush tops of biscuits with cream.
- 8Bake for 14-16 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chive and Cheddar Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (740 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.5
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 1283.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g