Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (9 ounce) yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced green bell peppers (1/2-inch)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup california ripe olives, halved
- 1 cup amber beer
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up meat until crumbled and lightly browned.
- Mix in green peppers and garlic and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, beans, California Ripe Olives, beer, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, stir in parsley and cook for 5 more minutes.