Recipe by LonghornMama
Found this recipe at wholefoodsmarket.com. Wonderful over lettuce. Makes a great packed lunch. As is, this is slightly spicy. Add more chopped chipotles in adobo sauce for more heat.
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, meat removed from bone and shredded (or 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken)
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 large red onion, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup canned chipotle chile in adobo, pureed (or finely chopped, can add more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, bell pepper, red onion, green onion, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chipotles, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir into chicken mixture. Taste, adjust seasoing. Store covered in the refrigerator until serving.