Recipe by tomoko matsunaga
I saw this recipe in news paper the other day and I thought it would be nice. so I'm going to post it!!I think you can use any vegies and would be good if you serve with rice!!
- 100 g pork loin, julienned
- 1 tablespoon shao sing wine or 1 tablespoon sherry wine, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 -4 thin slices ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 sheet bean curd, julienned (available at Asian grocers)
- 1 bunch Chinese celery or 4 stalks celery, 2.5 cm slices
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, julienned for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the pork strips with the wine-cornflour and leave to marinate for an hour or two in the fridge.
- Heat a wok and fry the ginger in oil until golden brown.
- Add marinated pork strips, soy sauce and bean curd and stir-fry until simmering.
- Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, stir-fry the celey with the sugar.
- Briefly add pork mixture to warm through.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the capsicum.