Fabulous Steak Fajitas
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 8 -10 ounces filet of beef, trimed of all fat
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas, heated
- guacamole or avocado, slices
- sour cream
- olive oil flavored cooking spray, as needed
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet with olive oil spray and add 2 teaspoons olive oil; Add the onions and green peppers and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and oregano and cook for 1 minute more; (this can be done a day ahead and reheated) Or kept warm while steaks are grilling.
- Grill the meat to rare to medium rare as you like; then remove from heat and cut into strips on a cutting board.
- Add the hot cooked steak and cilantro to the warm peppers and onion and mix together in skillet, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, just to blend flavors.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas, sour cream, salsa and avocados as garnishes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've been reprinting recipes from my recipe notebook and realized I had not rated this before. I did, however, jot down "DELICIOUS" on the page and that I used left-over, seasoned Porterhouse steak cut in thin strips. Added just a bit of Fajita seasoning along with your herbs and squeezed some lime juice over mixture before serving.
I made this served with Pineapple salsa recipe # 92383, My Smoky, Spicy Tomatillo Salsa Verde, fresh avocado slices and sour cream. So much vibrant flavors. Served it with corn tortillas and flour tortillas. The beef I had grilled the day before for an other meal. So this is a great way to use leftover meat. Thanks Barb!