You'll need both chopsticks and a spoon for this soup! I think of this recipe as a basic from which you can add, detract or do whatever. It is great to serve during Christmas week for a change of pace.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon lite olive oil (or other veggie oil)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 cups defatted chicken stock
- 6 ounces small shrimp, peeled and deveine
- 6 ounces bay scallops (if they are large cut them in half horizontally) or 6 ounces sea scallops (if they are large cut them in half horizontally)
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 lb Chinese wheat noodles or 1/2 lb linguine
- 2 scallions, peeled & chopped
- 1In a saucepan heat the oil, add garlic& stir until golden about 1 minute.
- 2Add cabbage & 1/4 of the chicken stock.
- 3Bring to a simmer and cook until the cabbage is wilted, about 1 minute.
- 4Add remaining stock, shrimp, scallops soy & rice wine and cook about 1 minute or just until the shrimp & scallop are opaque.
- 5Before you do this final step bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and cook the noodles until just tender 2-5 minutes (depends on type of noodle you use).
- 6Drain and place noodles in 4 large soup bowls. Ladle soup over the noodles dividing the seafood & cabbage evenly.
- 7Sprinkle with scallions.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Seafood Soup
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 1236.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese wheat noodles