Super Easy Seafood Soup of Necessity
photo by mightyro_cooking4u
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 small bay leaf (or half of a large one)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar (or a large pinch)
- pepper, a few dashes
- Worcestershire sauce, a few dashes
- 16 ounces mixed seafood
- Defrost seafood mix. Drain. Separate the squid from the rest of it.
- Put olive oil in pot; heat over medium.
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Add to oil. Saute, stirring, until onion starts to get translucent. Do not let the garlic or onions brown.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, sugar, pepper and Worcesterwhire. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid. Put in seafood mix (all except squid). Simmer 3 minutes. Add squid and simmer 1 or 2 more minutes. Seafood should be opaque; nothing should be translucent.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really liked this because normally I don't eat anything but spicy. This was very good for my tummy since I am pregnant :) This was perfect! I did change it a lot like I highly recommend adding cilantro and lime juice to it, omg it was out of this world. Just wish it was a bit thicker but overall delish