Saffron Seafood Soup
photo by SLA_Gaia
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 glass white wine
- bay leaf
- 1 liter stock
- 350 g pollock
- 6 scampi
- salt and pepper
- - Add the olive oil in a sauce pan and fry on low heat the onion, garlic and celery.
- - When the onion becomes golden, add the tomatoes and the glass of white wine, and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- - Add the bay leaf, stock and saffron, bring to boil, reduce the heat, cover with the lid and simmer during 25 minutes.
- - Cut the pollock in pieces of approximately 2 cm, peel the scampi leaving the tail and making a shallow cut along the back. Add the pollock and the scampis to the soup and cook for 5 minutes.
- - Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- - Serve with parsley on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!